Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

AnonymousEmpath
Contributor

TW BPD how to live with it and it’s symptoms

TW suicidal and SH urge and intentions

i got diagnosed with BPD and so I have issues in numerous parts of life which happened when I was growing up. There’s the abandonment problem, the emotion regulation and distress tolerant to name a few… one major thing about this diagnosis is that we tend to have SH and Suicidal Ideations day in and day out… we BPD sufferers tend to be highly impulsive and will engage into risky behaviours like substance use… I’m on my third time doing DBT and it’s Rena like I’ll be able to finish this one unlike the past 2 times… it just seems like the tools im learning now isn’t that easy to put into place or I haven’t really used it just yet. My question is that is there any other therapy that could possibly help me by keeping my SH and Suicidal ideations and urges at bay? Is there medications that I could take to help alleviate the symptoms… I know that there’s no direct treatment but I just want to know what did anyone did to help themselves get out of the rut that im currently in…

2 REPLIES 2

Re: TW BPD how to live with it and it’s symptoms

Hi @AnonymousEmpath,

I'm really sorry to read how challenging things are for you. It does sound really hard and a lot to sit with. 

Whilst the Forums are here for people needing support it isn't a crisis centre or a counselling service so if you or anyone reading this ever do need crisis support you can call the following services for immediate support: 

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat 

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling 

Samaritans: 135 247 

If in immediate danger: 000 

Whilst I understand your question regarding medication and empathise with you around this one of the guidelines / rules of using the Forums is members can't discuss medications so please refrain from this topic.

Kind regards,

FloatingFeather 

Re: TW BPD how to live with it and it’s symptoms

@AnonymousEmpath 

I have never done DBT but I have researched it a little and there seems to be some good tips.

The main thing that has helped me has been to mentally distract and use physical movement and music, writing and other arts and work on myself. 

I have spent a lot of time with heavy load of SI. Because you are unique what works for me may not be exactly what you need, but reaching out is one genuine step.

Take Care

Apple

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance