Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

PeppyPatti
Senior Contributor

feeling selfish

botanical 78.jpg

 - this is not my picture.

I'm dealing with stopping all interactions with my Mum - I'm exhausted - I feel unheard and it feels things are difficult.

I'm so angry at my partner.

For these reasons -

I see a therapist every week and he pulls it out and uses it like I'm a Silly Billy.

He's my CARER- he told me one rule of me living where he lives is not to get involved with people here - but iv got my own unit here

and I like people I like having a cuppa with women.

The housing over on Western Australia is dire - he allowed a friend to move into his place and now I'm stuck with him always at my place.

I went to see a lady who's got a lot of problems.......... I asked him that I made a mistake and I wanted him to help me talk to her and that iv gotten in too deep - he refused to help me and just stayed at my home watching tv.

It feels like I'm still managing my life falling apart while he just does life with no compassion and then I'm not giving him any compassion. 

He refuses to go and see this woman and ask her very kindly to just let our interactions go for a little while and let me be.

1 REPLY 1

Re: feeling selfish

Hey @PeppyPatti 

Hearing you about taking a break from your mother.

I have never been able to have another human being step in to help me with relationships.  Apart from the big state intervention when I was 6, and that was a bit over the top really, so not the best to advise ...

I do not know what to do with your partner, but drawing small lines in the sand, where you really know you need them is important ... and that goes for any of them ... and then go for a lovely walk on that beach and pretend we are there walking with you.

Hugs Apple

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance