Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

I have had a slow leak in one tyre for weeks @Snowie and have not got around to changing it so I can drop the leaking one at the garage. I can't afford to get it fixed at present so will need to wait a few weeks but at least now I don't need to go to the service station every couple of days to pump up the leaky one.

Had pain relief so laying on the couch waiting for that to kick in then will see how much I can get done this afternoon ...going to take it easy though - there is no rush to get it all done today.

Oh, Im sorry to hear that @Zoe7 😣

I hope you can recover with rest, its not easy chaining a tyre using the little braces that are in the tyre change kits in cars these days... I recently had a flat that popped the tyre so I couldn't roll on it as it was completely flat and rolling on the rim through the flat. I changed my tyre place because they used to over tighten the bolts (I have bolts that screw into the wheel hub instead of nuts that screw onto the studs that come out of the hub - backwards design, and very hard to lift the tyre and hold it there with one arm while trying to locate the thread in the hub with the wheel bolts), however I swapped to Bob Jane, and asked them to reduce the rattle gun pneumatic pressure when they use it to tighten my bolts, and I would then use their torque wrench to ensure it was at 120Nm (Newton metres) for each bolt - hand tightening the final amount of tension/torque, in the recommended pattern of tightening for a 5-stud wheel, once it was off the hoist. Sometimes the staff do it for me, when it's someone I know at the workshop.

Here's a helpful article from Cars Guide on tyre changes, if its helpful for you?

I also use my body weight through my feet on the brace to undo and tighten roadside tyre change bolts/nuts, but that is a bit risky regarding falls if the brace isn't well positioned on the bolt/nut first. And I check the tension daily if I havent tightened using a torque wrench to ensure I have the right amount of tension... as a former truck driver, I have changed too many tyres of the large and very difficult to move variety, so I thought I might share here in case its useful.

I hope there is something helpful here, for the long away future of the next tyre change 🙂 

I hope you can feel better very soon, and the wall work goes smoothly xx 🙂 

They over tightened the nuts @PinkFlamingo Had to used a wrench and hammer to get them moving as they would not budge with anything else. Luckily I was at home and had tools on hand - would never had been able to change the tyre if I was out and about somewhere. When I am next near my garage that I get my car serviced at, I will call in and get all the nuts loosened so they are easier to get off if need be. 

Taking it easy sounds like a good idea @Zoe7 Yes you have time to get it done.

I hope the meds kick in quickly.

Yep @Snowie Already helping 👍Might actually be able to get some more done this afternoon but will rest a bit more first.

What are you up to today Hon?

Glad it is starting to help @Zoe7 

Just took something for my head. Went to supermarket. Other than that not much on today.

Just watching the dog stare me down whilst I have lunch. She is using her puppy eyes!!

Sounds like a really bad overtightening @Zoe7 😔

I hope they can check the threads for you, while they’re at it, just to make sure they’re not distorted 🙂
I keep a heavy duty socket set and long arm wrench in my car, ready for just this unfortunate circumstance of overtightening/corrosion 🌺

I could never face the embarrassment of having to get the car towed or call out NRMA to change a tyre lol 🤭

I hope you’re feeling heaps better with some pain meds 💜🤗

Take care and I hope the rest of your day goes well ☺️

OMG @Snowie don't those puppy eyes melt us 🥰🐶 Toby does the same and I can't resist lol

Clover also does a cat version and she is super cute also. 

Pain nearly gone 👍 Feeling so much better already but will need to be careful not to over do it.

Watching a show now on laptop then will head to the chemist and back to do some more work.

I used to have a long arm wrench but couldn't find it anywhere. May have accidently thrown it out when I cleaned out my garage a couple of years back. Will need to invest in another one methinks @PinkFlamingo 👍

Pain nearly gone so the rest of the day is looking up. What is on the cards for you this afternoon?

Yep she got me @Zoe7 I caved, she got some of my lunch!!

Glad pain is nearly gone. It does help when we rest and give our body a chance to recover.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance