Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Howdy @Determined

At least there's some entertainment for you @Former-Member

I think of things that would be far more fun & frivolous...

I don't have Mr Darcy's issue, I have the opposite (& it won't wait either).

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

It certainly ain't fun or frivolous @Adge (either way). I am not without empathy and as I mentioned needed to take measures to alleviate Mr D's suffering (mainly extra veg). 

Are there foods that help with you with the opposite (ie under ripe bananas, cheese, chips etc)

I'm sure that you are very caring & supportive @Former-Member

Thinking of the light side of things (humour) is helpful, when it's getting us down.

Yes, starchy things (like potato), cheese, peanut butter & Arrowroot biscuits are supposed to be helpful - they called them "thickening foods" in hospital.

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

Have you found them helpful @Adge

Yes, when I remember to eat them @Former-Member By then it's often a bit late...

The only one I eat often is cheese.

Then as a last resort (a few times a week), there's always Gastrostop...

Adge

@Former-Member@Adge

I just discovered a new one ...psyllium husks ... I think it wise to use them in recipes and give time for it absorb moisture otherwise it may be too strong ...?? still working through my packet.

Smiley Happy

Also has anyone heard of the WEIRD group?

Western Educated Industrialised Rich Democratic

I guess the sensation of feeling "rich" is most variable ... most people are very aware of their lack ...me too!

Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Adge can I encourage you to write a basic shopping list that you keep with you to remind yourself to get these things?

Bonus is some items are not overly expensive particularly if you use home brand. These woolies arrowroot biscuits are really cheap at $1.09  there are potato options like hash browns and chips in freezer dept as well as fresh spuds. 

images (12).jpeg

Hi everyone ..... 👋💕

I am just floating around a bit tonight.  My lot have all gone to bed early tonight, which is nice.  The house is quiet.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Faith-and-Hope

Am on the verge of nodding off myself.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance