Skip to main content

Re: Tabaluga's

@Historylover Wow that is really poor form regarding your GP. In many instances psychiatric patients are known to somatise illnesses ie. they imagine they have health problems when they do not and its hard for a doctor to know whether to run tests or not. I am aware of somatisation and how that could be a likely diagnosis. 

I went to a GP once and got told something was all in my head regarding pain. I realise now I had fibromyalgia. Met people with it. You only get given strong painkillers and pain management with pain clinics. I was able to cure myself with ayurveda. The people I knew didn't have that option and got even stronger painkillers and were living lives of hell.

I think with psychiatric patients there is also some measure of systemmic discrimination and the GP's are less likely to treat you anyway.  I'm sorry you had that experience but its very common but I cant understand how the GP could have overlooked such a basic diagnosis. The symptoms are obvious but it was great that you were able to treat yourself and get your life back. I too have been living several years with diabetes now. Hoping for a complete reversal of the disease!                                                                                                                                          

I forgot to mention, @SmilingGecko, that the purpuric lesion on buccal and lingual surfaces were caused by leaky vessels which are a typical symptom of type II diabetes, but it had also extended to bursts in my fingers and toes. I don't know how many typical symptoms he needed, but to be honest I think it was personal and he also simply wasn't doing his job. Neither was his practice partner who was so lax that my ex-psy sent me back to tell him off on one occasion—and he was a personal friend of his. 

I hope your health shows a marked improvement soon, @SmilingGecko

@Meowmy take care of yourself my friend, you are amazing taking on 2 jobs. You're in my prayers 😍

G'day @TAB @Meowmy @Bill16 @SmilingGecko @Glisten  and all

Worked this morning. Going to watch the footy with a mate tonight. Winner between Port and Hawks play the Swans next week...

Hope your days are going well

That is terrible @Historylover I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. Its very disconcerting. You would hope that a GP could provide a better standard of care. Anyway its all good that you are now healed after what you went through with your ex partner and then diagnosis. I'm glad you are enjoying your life now and focussing on YOU! 

TAB
Senior Contributor

hm days did you work this week @StuF  ? you mean watchon big screen ?

Monday, Wednesday and today @TAB 

Will be doing same next week- one of the regulars for Monday had a couple of skin cancers dug out and still has the stitches

Yep- just watching at the pub

You going to watch?

TAB
Senior Contributor

fair enough re pub, @StuF  yeah prob watch til port lose lol

Yeah @TAB  - I can't see the Hawks not winning...and am not looking forward to the Swans game next week! (Actually regardless of who we end up playing...we need to Improve!)

*Usual disclaimer around my nearly always being wrong lol*

TAB
Senior Contributor

well if hawks 10 goals up or port kicking 1 goal per 1/4 I reserve the right to turn it off @StuF  lol Thats my Advanced Care Directive .. ba ha har ..