Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Beginning of the end

Thanks for your reply.  I guess i hit a point of semi crisis and whereas i would usually do something very negative like self harming this time i kind of flipped out and went a different way.

Re: Beginning of the end

Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so crappy.

I can relate to the experience of calling Lifeline and feeling worse, but I do think it can help to call back when you are feeling up to it. It may have just been someone who felt less than confident in the issues you were discussing. 

It makes me feel sad to hear that you normally self-harm when you are feeling like this. That must be awful, I am sorry. I do think that flushing your medication and destroying your scripts is going to add chemical imbalance to the cocktail of things that are making you feel crappy right now.

Medicines that are prescribed for mental illnesses are strong and many of them will make you feel much worse if you stop them abruptly. This is unlikely to help you - as you already feel fragile. 

I hope you will keep talking to people on the forum and in any other areas that provide support.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Sol xx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance