Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Checking In

Hi @Ali11 

It was a bit of a struggle unfortunately, more anxiety and not sure what to do.

It's just a balance of health and career prospects @oceangirl

which can be hard

Thats not easy @MDT . What career path do you hope to take?

Thinking of you @oceangirl, is there someone you can talk to about your anxiety? 

Government or think tanks @oceangirl
But a colleague from old is increasingly critical of me. Keeps saying that I have potential but then keeps putting me down. Idk. Maybe it's just their view really.

I went to see my GP but it was not much help for me @Ali11 . Not sure what she can do or what I should discuss with her- everyone says just to be open and honest. I am honest but its not easy to talk about something like this re mental illness

Do you have specific area of work in mind (Government)? I am not sure what a think tank entails- is it a project officer? I would be confused too- perhaps it might be worthwhile talking to them about this and tell them how you feel. I am not good with stuff like this but I am learning to stand up for myself. Your friend should be supporting you. Keep going mate. Work on learning to sell yourself and getting along with others- it does help. @MDT 

Hi @Faith-and-Hope 

I'm really struggling tonight not coping too well at all. Not sure what to do unfortuantely. I think my depression is on the way back. I saw GP today not much help. My anxiety is quite moderate atm I wouldn't say severe but its hard to cope with. 

Maybe try some simple

things first @oceangirl .  Classical

usic has apparently been proven to lower anxiety.  Can you find some piano, flute, harp, violin, or something, music to listen to ?

Herbal teas can also help

settle symptoms.

A hot shower is another one I use when things have been grrrrr around here.

Who have you seen about your depression before ?

It can be quite difficult to talk to someone @oceangirl, why do you think that it is? A GP is a good one to talk to as they'll be able to process the information to help you.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance