Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

That makes sense @Captain24 having all that adrenaline pumping!! I always feel pretty wrecked after doing something that requires me to take such a big step outta my comfort zone! And then next time, it'll be just that little bit easier 😉

Did you do anything to celebrate? Tell me you at least got yourself a lil treat!! Some choccie or something?

Nah.. didn’t even think to get myself a treat. @Jynx I did deserve one though. I did have a nap in the arvo though. 

I’ve slept most of today too. It’s all I want to do. I have nothing in me. 

I spose a nap could be a treat @Captain24  lol

Ach, the depression naps are reeeeaaaal! Or maybe you're just conserving energy for your next in-patient? All about the re-framing haha

I know.. @Jynx  at least I got a reprieve while I was there. 

I like the conserving the energy! Some days it just can’t come soon enough. Today is one of those days. 

I need to go to the supermarket but I just can’t. 

@Captain24 for sure, especially cos now you know what benefits you're gonna be getting! Remember how nervous you were last time? 

Ugh I feel you, going to the shops is always such a drag. So bright and loud and just way too visually overstimulating!! Could you order your groceries on uber or something? Or get a delivery? I do know both those options have their own barriers, cost and timing etc.

I know ay @Jynx. I was terrified, I am nervous because I was in with a great bunch of people and these ones won’t be the same. But I’m not there to make friends. Plus my friends from last time are already booking in time to come see

me. 

I don’t think where I go is anything like the private hospitals others talk about. It’s not actually a hospital but a clinic. There is only a part time gp. 

There is a massive barrier around ordering groceries. There is no Uber! lol. If you want it you have to go get it. 

I’ll just get something out of the freezer. It’s better for me anyway. 

What are you doing for dinner? 

@Jynx @Captain24 

Going to butt in here about going to the supermarket.

Did you know that Coles does a quiet hour. It provides a low-sensory experience. They reduce noise, no pa announcements unless an emergency, reduce lighting and additional team members for help. I find going at that time easier for me. My coles does it Mon-Fri 6-7pm and Tuesday's 10:30-11:30am

I'm sure other supermarkets (Woolworths) would do it to, I just haven't got a Woolworths near me so I don't shop there.

Maybe something to look into if going to the supermarket gets too much.

Woollies does too @Snowie. Not sure when. I just like going when no one is around. But tonight I’m not dressed for it at all and can’t be bothered to change my top. It has stains all over it. I shouldn’t be going anyway. I have a heap of meals in the freezer.

Aww bless you @Snowie I always forget about that!! It's good to know there is an evening session at some places, I have only ever seen them advertised in the mornings, when I am still asleep! I'll have to see if there's an evening session on Fridays anywhere near me (only evening I'm not here with my forums fam hehe). 

@Captain24 yeah you did totally mention that, I mean we can start calling it a clinic if that makes more sense for your brain 😊

Ach I did wonder if uber would do groceries in non-metropolitan areas! Bit of a pain, eh! 

Hmm dinner tonight I haven't really thought about it yet. I had a big ham n cheese wrap just before I jumped on so not quite hungry yet. It'll probs just be something light, like toast... I tend to have a bigger meal earlier and just have snacks later on, or it messes with my reflux (lying down + full stomach = tummy acid going where it shouldn't 😤).

Glad you've got some freezer snacks! Always handy in a pinch, what's on the menu tonight? What about you @Snowie any tasty noms in your belly, or about to be?

I brought some Dumplings today and had half for lunch and half for dinner @Jynx 

No cooking required!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance