Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

@Snowie sometimes it comes out when we least expect it. I was once watching TV and something not related to my trauma triggered me. Maybe it was related to my trauma, but not in a way you would’ve thought. It mostly related to connecting with a character who also felt like she was left to her own devices and had to suffer alone.

I didn’t feel anyone was going to take me seriously. Mum did not want to accept what happened initially. I don’t want to burden my parents either, I don’t think they know what to do anyways.

I appreciate it 💖. Tonight has been rougher than it has been for a while. Maybe it’s the physical pain, maybe I should try one of those eye pillows

Hugs @creative_writer 

We are thinking of you. I really hope it gets easier.

I get triggered by strange things at times too @creative_writer Sometimes I don't even know how it happened, it just does.

My mum has a hard time accepting what has happened too. She is not one that I would ever talk to about it. She does not understand MI and does not try to either.

It's hard when we have rough nights. They can be hard to deal with. I've never tried an eye pillow before. I just have my normal pillow and a weighted teddy that I sleep with.

@tyme maybe it’ll look better in the morning. I tend to experience more physical pain later in the day, I was okay this morning.

@Snowie my mum does understand MI, having studied it. Still it’s hard. I think the family bond sometimes makes it hard too. Just a thought.

I’ve heard eye pillows are relaxing and can help with pain. Never tried it though. You can heat them or cool them or use them at room temperature. I have tried tying a scarf around the head before, which does help a bit

I've never tried eye-pillows @creative_writer . Sounds relaxing though. I've seen people use them, but I've never used them myself.

I hope you have a good rest tonight. It sounds like you need it and deserve it. 

Hi @Snowie , sorry to hear your Mum made you go out to a busy shopping centre, and something from your school triggered you badly 😢

How are you this morning? 

My day yesterday was a write-off, but I feel a bit better this morning. 

I hope your psych session goes well tomorrow and you can talk about what you need to. 

Good morning @creative_writer Hoping you feel a little better today. I know things have been hard for you.

@NatureLover sometimes we need write off days. I'm glad you feel a little better this morning.

Vacuumed half the house and did some washing this morning. Now I'm exhausted!! 

Time for a cuppa and watch the F1 race from early this morning. Wasn't getting up at 6 to watch it.

Evening @Snowie feeling jittery. How are you? 💖

Jittery for any reason @creative_writer?

I'm ok. Got some things done today so that was good. Just anxious about seeing psych tomorrow. Wrote some things down for her so just need to hand it over...

@Snowie probably uni.

I hope you find the appointment helpful. It does help to write out things at times. I stumble over words
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance