Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not Coping

Thanks heaps @ENKELI 

hope your week has gone well and looking good for the coming weekend 🙂🌺💜

Hope things are going ok today @Birdofparadise8 💜🌺

That’s one of the wonderful things about connecting with the forum..we can share those things that can help each other feel a bit better 🙂🌺🤗

go gently sweetheart 🫂

Hi @PinkFlamingo 

I wish I could say I’m good, but sadly no. I asked my aunt and uncle if they wanted to meet and go to the restaurant together but as my hip is sore I can walk. My uncle texted me back and said he would walk. So now I feel so rejected. 
anyway how are you? 

This day can’t get any worse I had to listen to my parents fight over the phone. 

Hearing you @Birdofparadise8 .

Sorry you had to hear them fighting over the phone. I recognise this can be quite distressing.

At the same time, I want to acknowledge that 'fights' are part of most healthy relationships. I think the idea of 'fight' is often quite negative, yet such conflict can lead to greater understanding of each other, and there's room for growth - just like adversity.

Of course, I'm not condoning abuse at all. 

What can you do to help you feel a little better tonight?

Yeah I know that but they were fighting over buying shoes. Dad took what mum said the wrong way so he got angry. Dad also thought mum wanted to buy a necklace but it wasn’t for her she was looking for me. 
so dad started swearing in my ear to mum. 
also I feel like my uncle rejected me because he didn’t want to meet at get the team together to dinner tonight as I can’t walk but he said he would just meet me there. 
having a nice dinner with family I guess will be nice but I’m not really feeling in the mood for that now. 
thanks @tyme 

@Birdofparadise8 oh princess I'm so sorry you've had family drama, I wish I'd been able to spend more time with you these past couple of days. I'm going to make an effort to be around more this weekend for you.

It's hard to hear your parents fight, especially over the phone. I'm sending you huge hugs and wrapping you in a warm cosy blanket of love.

Let me know what I can do to help you through this my sweet girl, I'm here 💕💐👑👸💙

@PinkFlamingo hey there beautiful!

I've had a fairly good week, a few challenges but it's Friday so I'm happy now.

How have you been going this week? 💜🦩💐

I have missed chatting this week, work and family have been taking up my time more than I'd like. I know that sounds bad regarding family but I think I've reached my limits with my dad and his family. Bending over backwards and getting nothing in return. They can carry on without me from now on.

Have you got plans for the weekend?

Hi @ArraDreaming 

How are you? 
hi @ENKELI 

aww that’s okay. I know you’re busy and the time difference doesn’t help. 
yeah wasn’t the best about my parents. 
it was a shame about my uncle. 
I think it was more perceived rejection than actual rejection because it would have been nice to have a chat just us for a bit but anyway. 
how has work been for you? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance