Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Really paranoid

i am sorry i am posting so much but i need some support. i am super paraniod at the moment and i cant make it stop. i literally think there is someone out to get me who is watching me and waiting to hurt me i have also started to hear things again. i am really scared 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Really paranoid

Hi @Eden1919

I am sorry that you are having a tough time, please don't apologise posting on the Forum that is what it is for.  Do you have someone there with you? Do you think that talking to someone on the phone like Lifeline could be helpful?

Sylvester 

SANE Moderator 

I have tried lifeline before for this sort of thing but they weren't very helpful

Hi @Eden1919, hope you feel a bit better today.

Paranoia is a horrible thing. I have bipolar and experience paranoia sometimes, but mostly fairly mild and managable. I wonder what you have in place in regards a GP, psychiatrist and any other real life supports. These may be the best sources of support when feeling seriously paranoid.

I wonder whether the feelings are always with you or do they come and go throughout the day? I wonder if it would help for you to write down some of what happens to you. That could then be a document you gave your psychiatrist, so that they might understand better what you are dealing with.

These are just thoughts off the top of my head and may or may not be helpful to you. I am here listening even if I don't have answers to your distress. Wishing you well.

i am seeing my psychiatrist in a few weeks but i dont want to tell them or i will get in trouble and everything will be ruined. i am just hoping this goes away soon. the feelings only come up when i am depressed but they are stronger at some times of the day than others. 

I'm sorry to hear things aren't so good for you right now @Eden1919. Paranoia is never nice to deal with alone. I live with paranoia quite often and to help keep it in check, I do a lot of reality checking using a bit of cognitive behavioural therapy principles. 

For example, if I hear a noise and then jump to the conclusion it is someone trying to hurt me, I search for 'evidence' to confirm this belief. Often this might involve asking other people. If no evidence can be found, then I have no choice than to unhook from this false belief and therefore dispel the paranoid thinking. 

It can be tricky with paranoia, but it is possible to manage it. 

thanks i have been trying to do this sort of thing but where i just keep saying it is all in my head but it is just happening a lot so it is hard to keep fighting the thoughts when they are so frequent. 

I can understand that @Eden1919. Paranoia is a tricky thing to have to live with. I live with it on a daily basis myself. It is so unpleasant.

Try to be gentle with yourself. ((((((Eden))))))

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance