Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

ZoZo94
New Contributor

Guess I'll Say Hi

Well, this is me. 

I have BPD and DID - I'm in therapy. I turn 30 this year. I was in high school when the alters came out to play, so to speak. 

I am still learning about my BPD. I blame my mother, a lot. Most of my childhood abandonment I can link back to my mother. 

I'm married and have a scruffy terrier dog. Husband is super supportive, and when days are bad my dog does not leave my side. 

Being married with DID is very overwhelming - I think that's something I never thought about before getting into a serious relationship. I try my best to keep the alters at bay when we are together, but you can only do so much. 

I guess I'm here to say hi, see if there's anyone like me, to share some of my stories. 

So yeah - Hi! 👋

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Guess I'll Say Hi

Hi back! Dogs can be the best therapists. My partner has DI and I hear you about the impact it has on relationships. Good to hear your partner is supportive. 

Hi and welcome, @ZoZo94 , it's good to have you here 🙂

You can type anything into the Search bar above to find threads on that topic, e.g. DID.

Also, a handy forum tip to tag someone is to type @ and then click on their name in the drop-down box - that way they'll get a notification that you've replied to them. 

I hope you find the forums supportive...

Hi @ZoZo94,

Welcome and thank you for sharing.

That's wonderful that you are seeing a therapist, and so lovely to see that you have a supportive husband and doggo!

I think it's great that you're happy to share some of your story to help others, we all have so much to learn from connecting with one another and hearing other people's valuable lived experience.

Wishing you all the best,

defaultusername

Hi @ZoZo94 ! 

I have BPD and know how truely intense, distressing and consuming it can be. What are you doing to manage it? Mine also stems mainly from trauma with my Mother.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance