Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: PTSD and Anxiety

@Abner 

It's sad that these things happen, the court of public opinion can be very harsh, and if someone starts a rumour then it can be very damaging. Moving to another place often does not work either. If you know of the person who made the claim against you I'm sure you could talk to the police, accusing somebody of something they haven't done can cause them a lot of unnecessary grief in life and you shouldn't have to be victimised in this way.

The police already know @justanptherguy, because not having been able to get what she wanted, - she
wanted to successfully incite other people to force me out of the community, all she managed was to incite them to be hostile to me - the woman then took a false clam to the police in 2020, at the very beginning of the first outbreak of covid19 in Australia. She managed only to get herself charged withand found guilty of causing public mischief as the police found out that allegation was a lie. When people spread a rumour, they're not hurting you, they're inciting others to do so, and others may do so via gossip, reputational damage or other sometimes more physically dangerous means; and when that happens the person initiating the rumour can claim innocence. So even when one calls the police about it, the abuser can simply deny doing it.

Hey @justanotherguy and @Abner, I'm glad you've been able to support each other on something that sounds really tough. 

When we're in threads like this, it's often easy to forget that these forums are very public places. On any one day, we have thousands of people reading posts. 

While what you're talking about isn't outside of the forums guidelines, it seems the details are quite private.

Just thought I'd pop in here as a moderator and let you know that I recommend skipping over some of the details because of the public nature of the forums ❤️ 

Glad you've found coping strategies that help! Welcome!

Hey , I happen to share the same name amd birth-year of a guy who murderd somebody and done some pretty bad stuff .. a lot of distant family and friends thought it was me ... had and having a bad time with that so I can empathise 

Anytime you want to chat ..

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance