Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Want to forget TW

Unfortunately the tooth pain is increasing @FloatingFeather I am going to call the dentist tomorrow and see if there have been any cancellations for this week. I have parent-teacher meetings all week though so it may be difficult to work around.

As for the two teachers - the one who is there 4 days a week just won't work with anyone - even the team leader and assistant Principal have tried to talk to her. She was not there today but I am sure after my friend's meeting with the Principal on Friday that there will be some changes. It is really difficult working with someone so negative and unable to work with anyone else. It is such a shame as our team is really supportive apart from her - we just need to work around her as much as we can.

I really hope you get a cancelled dentist appointment @Zoe7. It's surprising how much a broken tooth can cause so much pain and hassle. Does sounds like it might be a juggle with the parent-teacher interviews though. I do hope some how that you manage to get your tooth sorted sooner than later. 

What a shame the challenging teacher is making things hard for everyone. Considering how much time we spend at work it would be so good if it was as peaceful and harmonious for everyone. Hopefully the meeting on Friday will bring some positive results / changes for you all. Fingers crossed the difficult teacher either gets on board with how you all work or at least doesn't make things so challenging for you all.

Hope the parent teacher interviews go well 🙂

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather   

Been a very difficult few weeks @FloatingFeather The upside is my tooth is finally fixed.

I'm sorry to read the last few weeks have been difficult for you @Zoe7 - I really do hope things pick up for you soon. I'm glad to read your tooth is finally sorted, that's a silver lining. Hopefully that silver lining is just one of the first stepping stones towards things getting so much better for you.

FloatingFeather ❤️

Tooth fixed is the silver lining @FloatingFeather but also have covid. Thought I was starting to improve this morning but it has hit me hard tonight. Hopefully the medication kicks in quickly and gives me some relief.

COVID @Zoe7 

Oh no! This is something no one needs - I'm really sorry that you have to have a serve of it and I hope you can recover quickly and well.

I tend to forget about it a lot of the time - of course I have to wear a mask at the GP or the pain clinic - and I have found bunches of used masks in the bottom of my bag now and again - sometimes I think they haven't been used.

My 5th vaccination was last weekend - hard to believe I have had 5. I'm in my senior years and a pro-vaxer - I am sure you have been vaccinated too - so it's so unlucky to catch it.

It's good that you have had your tooth repaired, that took a while - I know you were taking a break - I'm glad to see you again - and I hope you feel better really soon.

Sending my best thoughts

Owlunar

I have managed to (luckily) avoid it until now @Owlunar Have half my class away unwell over the last week so I am not surprised. It has hit me pretty hard but I seem to be through the worst of it now. Yesterday I was close to going to hospital because of my breathing but that has also improved slightly so the medication must be working.

I did need a break - so much talk of SH and SI lately and combined with some other issues and my own things to deal with, it has been too much. I know you very much understand where I am coming from.

Better feed the fur babies then lay down again. Always lovely to hear from you 💖

Hi @Zoe7  - again.

I am sure you would have it harder with covid because you have other health issues - and I guess you are taking anti-viral medication - hopefully you will be over it soon.

Because you are working with children it would make it easier for you to catch. When my kids would come home with virulent colds - their Dad and I would catch them and aw - they would be really bad colds. Kids share bugs around with apparent immunity sometimes - and head lice - ooh - icky.

Yeah - I get it really well about the SI and SH - it's strange that what I think are perfectly harmless words will get picked up by the Hypertext - but not those expressions - I really can't help those people - but when someone is bereaved by suicide I am right there - whether I am useful or not - it doesn't matter - I like my platform and I like to feel in charge of it.

Take it easy and recover but take your time. I've been exposed to covid twice - the vaccination seemed to work - I got sick of using RATs all the time after exposure - still - I would have isolated myself if necessary. I sort of live that way anyway - not because of covid but because of my bad shoulder.

It's good you are back - I missed you.

Owlunar

Thanks @Owlunar I miss you when you are not here too 💖

Funny you should mention head lice - we have had that go through our class as well. It seems like most of my class has been away lately with either that or COVID. It is certainly not what I needed after the last few weeks but it is what it is.

I agree about some words being picked up with hypertext but not others. I think the whole system needs a big overhaul it what words/phrases/acronyms, etc. get through whilst others don't. There also needs to be variations that are rejected as well as when letters are substituted for symbols etc. 

A lovely day here today so I am going to spend some time outside with my fur babies. It is a little frustrating I cannot do anything on such a lovely day but need more time to recover.

I hope your shoulder is okay today and you are otherwise well 💕

Hi @Zoe7 

I hope you are gradually improving in health - there are a lot of things we don't need and surely covid is among the top things - if your kids brought it into the classroom you would catch it for sure - they can't help it - still - that doesn't make it any easier.

Head lice - actually I believe they like clean hair - and I have a story - when do I not have a story?

It was a Friday afternoon - my son was in prep - I had to do everything I needed to before he came home from school - I was doing my first HSC subject - I wanted to finish my essay before the weekend because I dared not take my attention away from my son - and not because I was a helicopter parent - I had to be on the ball.

I got a phone call from the school to pick him up early because he had head lice - I needed to get a nit comb and a bottle of something that kills them - I got all of that and he had three little cooties and no nits - his hair was so thick and curly the nit comb wouldn't go through it and of course - with his black hair I would have seen anything.

The next day in 45 C heat his father and I cleaned the house from top to bottom and that was totally unnecessary. I still remember that time with a feeling of angst. Most of it was unnecessary. But it happens. Oh boy!

The hypertext - yes - it needs reframing. Also - I wonder about any situation making efforts to be totally inclusive. In my opinion the more inclusion would cause more exclusion - in any situation. I think cliques would develop and they can be excluding also. Sometimes people try too hard to do the right thing - and the right thing has to be good. Bottom line - moderation in all things including moderation. Regardless - hostility exists. 

I have to live my life around my shoulder - the treatment seems to be working but the pain can spike - that is something I can't ignore. It has been cloudy and a bit humid today with a wet week forecast. I would like to be able to just go out when I feel like it - I am just glad to get to my appointments. I have been travelling on the bus more and that's easier than taxis just to go to the local shopping centre to have my hair cut or see the optometrist. I had a busy week and it went so fast - I enjoy my life in spite of the pain - I read a great deal. 

I am getting out of My Aged Care - I don't like it and it is a very confusing issue to deal with. I keep asking questions and everyone says something different. I have finally worked it out - no one knows what's happening. My decision is to keep on top of things as I can and pay privately when I need to have someone do what I cannot. It would be cheaper. I like to have control over my affairs. And - the big AND!!! It will be great not to have support workers - they vary - the last one was mystical - a lovely lady - still - I could never find anything after she had gone - I spent today putting things where I want them and feel glad - really glad - to have this phase of my life over.

That might sound bad but after months of confusion I am really happy with my decision. Tomorrow I am going to tell my provider - it will be over.

The weather is always a safe subject. I hope your weather is better than what is forecast for Melbourne. Summer went so fast. It's nearly Easter - you will have holidays which hopefully give you time to recover from covid. 

I'm sending my love Zoe and wish you and your fur-babies the best possible week

Owlunar.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance