Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Hey @Zoe7   good job, well done!  Sounds like you can see the light at the end by this stage.  I'm sure you will be able to focus better in your new job with all the sorting and culling at home taken care of.  Thanks for keeping me in the loop - I haven't a lot to say at the moment, but enjoy following your thread.

Hi and welcome from me too @Pingu  good to see you finding your way around.

Hi also to @Sans911 @MDT @Maggie  @Faith-and-Hope  and anyone else who pops in here.

Hope today has started gently and goes according to plan for all.

Take care x

On a 'go slow' mode today @eth It is definitely catching up with me now but will push on later to get more done. Have already been to get my blood tests done, dropped the mat off to my sister, dropped off some bags at the Salvos and been to the supermarket. I still need to go to the bank but other than that I do not need to go anywhere else for the next few days. 

Watching the tennis this morning (lots of Australians playing today) before I begin sorting the games later.  Need to make the bed first so I can use it as a big table Smiley Tongue

Sending you love Hon and hoping there is some light in your day (seems as though you need that right now) Heart

@Faith-and-Hope @eth @Sans911 @Pingu @MDT @Shaz51 @Snowie and others following...

Not a good afternoon. Been sorting out the games and from what I can tell (or more what I knew I had) there seems to be 2 boxes missing. That means they are still somewhere at the old school and therefore lost to me forever. Some of the games I can replace (eventually) but some were much older (even ones I had myself as a kid) and others had been collected over the past 20,years - so feeling very deflated right now. I can't afford to replace any now so what I have is all I have. Just like the hundreds (maybe thousands) of dollars worth of posters I had the games would be the same - so feeling flat and upset again. It will pass but right now not in a good headspace. Bringing back all those horrible feelings on the way I was treated at that school in the end and the contempt that people had for things that did not belong to them - but there is nothing I can do - will just take time for me to sit with this all for now until it passes Smiley Sad

Hey @Zoe7

Sometimes we have no choice hey. Let it sit and it will pass.

I have had things taken in the past and also lost things dear to me.
I think I have lost my mickry mouse plush toy I had as a kid. That toy was with me everywhere I went.

Anyway idk if that even is relevant.

I just don't like seeing you down 😕

Yep can understand how you feel with losing your childhood toy @MDT Some things have so much history and sentimental value that they are super important to us. It is not the loss of the things that is really getting to me - it is that someone thought it was okay to either take them or dispose of them while I was away sick  - just another disappointment to add to all the others.

I will get over it - have to - it is what it is hey.

yeah people are weird at times like that @Zoe7

You will get past it 🙂

it is what it is yes

How is the weather in tassy? it is very hot here today my friend

Windy and wet here @MDT Rained a fair bit overnight and has been on and off all day today. Very windy on and off as well. This is the last rain we are expecting for at least the next week though so all that we can get the better.

Cooking a roast chicken for dinner - what's on the menu for you?

@Zoe7I'm sorry you lost those games and those feelings have resurfaced.

I understand what it is like to loose our belongings from teaching.

I lost some too when others packed up my desk and H picked it all up.

It is heart breaking.

Some might think of it as only resources/games/posters, but it resonates to the life we once had, the memories we hold dear to us, the countless hours spent in the classroom and the relationships we developed with our students.

Much love hun Heart

Thanks @Snowie It is like that. I can actualy see the kids in the corner playing these games together - and not only enjoying it but working together as well. So many social skills learnt through playing games - especially when you see kids that don't normally work or play with each other joining in. 

I am sorry you lost things too and that it brings up those memories for you also - it really is hard looking back on what we used to have and used to be able to do and know that may never be back. This new school is a new start for me but there is so much of that old school that I miss - especially the kids. I was starting to teach kids whose parents I had also taught so there are lots of memories over a long time for me from that school. 

Don't get me wrong - I am glad to be out of there - it has certainly changed with that Principal - but there is also a part of me that will always be part of that school.

A new start this year though and hopefully being able to teach Art later in the year would be a dream coming true - so a lot of positives to look forward to.

It is a new start for you @Zoe7 

A new start to make new memories, new friendships and new connections with your students.

I hope that this school is a good match for you and that you can stay there for as long a you want to.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance