Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

@Captain24 I hope your shift at work goes ok, and you can get some sleep afterwards.

Thinking of you and sitting with you 💗💗

Here it all goes again. 😢

Hey @Captain24 , how was work?

I got home from work this morning after night shift. I had a shower and then had to go to a work event. I was really scared when I got there about going in. One of the girls from work arrived and I went in with her. 

One person got up and told her story of how she got to where she is today. I found it really inspiring and have told HR I would consider telling my story at the next one! That’s massive for me. 

Also.. the main talk was very interesting and it was focused around work but I took a lot on board around my life. It gave me the confidence to speak to one of the bosses around training! 

I have had a really positive morning. I’m now really tired but I have an appointment with the dietitian at 3:30 so I can’t go to sleep. By the time I get there I will have been awake for 24hrs. 

I am trying to hold onto the positivity for as long as possible. 

@Captain24 well done on going to your work event. That in itself took a lot of strength and courage to go. I am so glad you got some positives out of it.

I hope your appt. with your dietitian went ok and you can get some sleep.

Take care 💕

The dietitian was hard @Snowie. I have a very unhealthy relationship with food. So I have a lot to work on and put into practice before I see her in a month. 

I just got an email and I failed my medical for work due to MH and medications. I now need another psychiatrist review. I’m waiting on HR to get back to me with where I go from here. My job maybe on the line again. I can’t go through it all again. It was too hard the first time. 

Hi @Captain24 

Ooooooh noooo!!!! I'm so sorry to hear that. I am off for now but back in tomorrow. I hope you are ok. Will talk tomorrow. Keep reaching out tonight and take care.

Hanami ❤️

oh @Captain24 

I'm sorry to hear that about your job. That must be hard to hear, especially since you do such a good job.

Even though the dietician was hard, it sounds like it was productive. I hope you can put into practice some of the things she suggested.

Here with you 💜

I haven’t heard back from HR but I’m sure I will tomorrow @Snowie. I’m hoping and praying it’s just a box to tick. This year has been pretty shit. 

I have to eat 6 times a day! That’s going to take a lot of mindset changes. 

How are you going?

Hope it's a step in the right direction for you and you see some health improvements @Captain24 a healthy lifestyle can make such a difference for our mental health, I feel. Wishing you all the best with that 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance