Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Marriage where both people suffer from mental illness

@LilMapleLeaf sorry for not replying until now. It is ridiculous. The cost of getting help, especially for mental health, is just so unaffordable for a lot of us. We're not on any waiting lists, we probably should be. I will have to try contacting more psychologists and so how I go. 

I've been feeling a lot more depressed lately to be honest. The anxiety is definitely still there in a huge way, but everything seems to make me cry now. Feeling anxious, sad, angry, overwhelmed...every feeling leads to me crying. Things with my husband have been quite a lot better which is good, but I'm sure my emotional issues are driving him crazy...and I'm still a germaphobe which he hates 😩 

How have you been? 

Hi @Undecided 

Sorry for not replying until now too! 

I know, it's absolutely insane how inaccessible mental health care can be. I don't know where you are located at all but I know my suburb has a bunch of free mental health services that can be accessed such as Head to Health. It might be worth looking in your local area. I've found this website can be a great place to start https://askizzy.org.au/ 

I'm glad to hear things with your husband have been better but sad that things haven't been great. Do you have much support other than your husband?

I've been okay, started a new job which has been exciting and tiring

@LilMapleLeaf It really is. I'm in northern Melbourne. Thank you. Most that come up are for youth and children, but I'll keep trying. 

To be honest, not really. I don't really feel I have anyone I can turn to that I feel won't judge me. 

That's good to hear. I can imagine it would be tiring. What kind of job is it, if you don't mind me asking?

@Undecided Ugh that's so frustrating! I don't know if there is one but it might be worth seeing if there is a "head to health" near by. They can be a great support with mental health and helping you find further support.

I feel that. That can be really hard. Although you can be surprised by how people can respond sometimes. Either way the forums will still be here so you aren't alone!

I don't mind! It's mental health peer work, helping people who have just left hospital after a mental health crisis and providing 3 months support to help them transition back home and get whatever help is needed. I haven't got any clients yet as the service is brand new for our area and just opening up but hopefully in the next week or so we will get started.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance