Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Tw Not Coping

Thank you! @creative_writer I hope that the new glasses help too. I got them tinted a little bit to try and help with my migraines and stop so much light coming into my eyes. My big trigger for migraines is light so I try and minimise it as much as I can. Sorry to hear about your floating things in your eyes, I hope they go away soon.

How are you this morning? 

Hi @amber22 

Can you look at my previous post. 

How are you?

Hey @Birdofparadise8 I see that you had a chat to your auntie this morning about what was going on and how you've been feeling. I think if you are worried she is going to tell your parents it might be worth bringing up how you don't want them to know. She is probably only caring and trying to do whats best for you but if you would prefer it to be left for just you and her to know then it's better to say that to her. 

I am doing okay this morning, pretty exhausted and my back is really sore so just taking it easy today

Yeah okay, but what about the safety plan stuff she said she doesn't think that is going to help now @amber22 

Hope your back gets better.

Thank you! @Birdofparadise8 

How are you feeling about creating a new safety plan? I know that it is important to get some advice on it but if the safety plan is for you then it is really important to do what is best for you. How are you feeling about the whole conversation afterwards?

heya @Birdofparadise8, I agree with @amber22

I know for me, over my life, I've re-created a new safety plan quite a few times. 

I find what I need changes often, and that's the nature of a safety plan: to help me create safety for now. And what we need to keep safe can change. 

What do you think?

Yeah I guess but she said that it probably won’t help if I am at the stage I am in. 

Um alright I guess it was over txt @amber22

okay @TuxedoCat 

I will probably just fix it up and see what happens. 

I think that it is always important to change up your safety plan especially if the feelings that you're experiencing are getting more challenging! @Birdofparadise8 

In regard to talking to your aunty about confidentiality, it might be worth messaging her just so that you don't have to worry 🙂

She said she wouldn’t say anything and she understands all that as she works in MH. 

I am more confused to why she would think a safety plan won’t help. 

“I'm not disappointed Laura so again you don't need to apologies. It sounds like you are not fine Laura... And with moving to Melbourne the stresses that come with the move and also being alone only going to contribute to your thoughts of suicide. I'm not sure creating another safety plan will be enough at this stage”

That is what she said to me @amber22 

Hmm that does sound very tricky to navigate, I personally think that safety plans are always important to have in place, but I respect that you and her seem very close as well. We have just emailed you if you're able to check your inbox soon, just wanting to make sure that you have the right support during this time ❤️@Birdofparadise8 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance