Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not Coping

Thank you @Sunshineandsea @tyme 

Any suggestions on what I could say back. Do you thinks it’s fare that I’m upset as like I get she is struggling but I’m here for her as well. I’m pissed of actually I just don’t want her to get upset with me if I say something to her. 

Honestly, from an on-looker's perspective, I think she's having her own struggles and has placed boundaries to support her own mental health and wellbeing @Birdofparadise8 .

I hear these boundaries hurt. I would feel hurt too! Yet I also think it is courageous for her to have set those boundaries instead of just ignoring you. It is not an easy thing to have to set boundaries.

Would you be willing to give this boundary a go? And maybe in the future, the boundaries will shift? Boundaries are not usually set in concrete. Instead, they move with what is happening.

Oh yes she is definitely brave I fully support it. Yeah I’m just not going to talk to her for a while and see what happens. @tyme 

Maybe just some space for both her and yourself for a time @Birdofparadise8 until you know how to respond.

As I've mentioned in the past, hearing about MH can be scary.  

Yeah it can be. It just makes me feel more alone when I don’t have many other people to talk to. @tyme 

We are here for a chat in the meantime @Birdofparadise8 .

Do you see people at uni?

Nope I made one friend this year and I don’t really talk to him this much. It didn’t really help with the amount of classes online. I do have a group of friends a bit younger then me at ballet. I don’t really have anyone else besides them as I don’t see anyone from college. @tyme 

Sorry @Birdofparadise8 just jumping in again. How do you like ballet? I use to love it. I did RAD

Hey @Captain24 

I wouldn’t say I’m enjoying it at the moment but I’ve always loved it and hopefully start to enjoy it again depression just loves to robe all the joy in my life. I’m currently doing advanced foundation RAD. What did you get up too? 

My depression ruined dancing for me too @Birdofparadise8 but I’m way to old now. I did consider getting my pointe shoes out though. The ones I had are broken but I do have new ones in the cupboard but I have to see the ribbons on and break them in. The last exam I did was inter foundation but I did learn intermediate and some advanced foundation. I loved the contemporary style variation in advance found

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance