Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: Neurodiverse Meltdowns. What helps?

@Jasper_123 

Absolutely, you are 100% correct! Spending that time to figure out your signs and triggers is going to be a HUGE help!

I remember I would get so cranky for no reason and not understand why, for instance if I was walking and got dirt in my shoes, it would drive me crazy. But as I started to learn about my ADHD and my signs I realised that was sensory overload and if I just avoid walking on dirt I'll be fine. It's insane how much we are unaware of until we take the time to listen to our bodies and identify what it needs.

@Wilma 

YES! Such a great strategy! I know people sometimes will make little blanket forts or huts in their rooms or cupboards that they can go into.

@LilMapleLeaf  Hi there I am new to these forums and happened upon this post and 🥹🥰 , oh wow , the flash cards are amazingly awesome and I am slightly intrigued that I have never noticed these before. 

goes to highlight that the solution is often just waiting for us to be ready to see it ! 

thank you, these will make a huge difference in my life as the ADHD Task Paralysis / Trauma Freeze alternating cycle hits differently when your unable to verbally communicate! 

Thank you 🤩 

@Minerva 

Right! It's amazing to find these solutions that can just make things so much easier.

I literally remember when I was first diagnoses with ADHD and learning about my sensory issues. When I was able to make changes to help this it was so helpful! I'm glad these resources have been able to give you some help.

@LilMapleLeaf 🥰 I discovered lots of helpful flowcharts and visual aids for ADHD and care when I investigated your link, so grateful! 

it also highlighted to me that as someone who uses various creative tools that the answer to some of my issues are already there 🤷‍♀️😍

I really can relate to the sensory issues, I have sensory issues related to some sounds, and textures. Including the textures of food! It took me quite a while to articulate that it wasn’t that I “couldn’t eat <insert food> it was that I couldn’t tolerate the texture!” 

@Minerva Yay! I'm so glad!!

Absolutely! We always sort of create strategies as we go without even realising it.

OOOOO YEP!!! But so validating when you can actually recognise that.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance