Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Apology

Good on you for persevering with your study. @Historylover I am on a break for a while.  Feeling it better to put my energy and focus elsewhere atm.  Those silly almond fingers have become a staple for me.

I feel sad about the way you describe what you became due to the "therapist". I see many aspects of you that are interesting, energetic, caring, shrewd ... all sorts.  Not saying things are not difficult.  Isolation is very very hard.

I resonated strongly ... re what you and @chibam  said about the K10.  

I can't believe how far I've come since I was saying I wish you were sitting across the table from me to help me with these 'difficulties', @Appleblossom. I'm so pleased with my achievements, but this course is a heavy workload and perhaps it is just a conditioning exercize.

I'm off to the shops today. I have to make time for necessities, too.

Have a good day. Looks nice outside, and the air is refreshing at this early hour.

Glad you can see your achievements @Historylover 

GO YOU!

Its been gorgeous outside.  Was sorting things out with a neighbour and getting a tray of plants ready for a fundraising fete.

Sounds like a day well spent, @Appleblossom.

I learned recently that if you replant the roots and a little stem to hold them together, spring onions will regrow. I tried it and it worked. Who would've thought?

Cheers.

ahah! @Historylover 

Done 6 months ago and happy. lol Then bought better bigger organic spring onions. Ate them all and planted last today.  Tried potatoes but no luck. My pumpkin is sprouting and fingers crossed for my garlic.  The rest of my vegies I bought as seedlings at local farm.  Gradually getting the hang of growing food.  The fete stuff are ornamentals which I divided. 

Feeling a bit arthritisy and achey, but glad am still moving.

I have to be careful I do not fossilize. lol

@Appleblossom, I'm not doing much gardening since I got rid of my succulents a while ago.

I'm just doing a bit of dabbling at the moment. Planted some peas in an empty pot, and some pumpkin seeds at ground level. I'll see what happens with them all.

Another day and an expected 20 degrees and sunny. 

I will be inside more during summer after

i have tidied up my outside mess. Its part of my exercise regime.

@Historylover

My poor succulents are so vigorous I cut them up as mulch sometimes. 

What are you working on atm?

My Aboriginal assignments @Appleblossom. At the moment, the second of three minors before the major.

I had a dabble in my vegetable pots since talking to you, and planted more seeds. 

ahaha @Historylover 

There is a lot to learn in that area.  Ongoing.  

I am going to an aboriginal cultural information centre next week.

I also bought a few bits from a Yarn website.  Paying some rent.

I am enjoying this Ted talk atm

On the Science of emotions

made me think of my time volunteering at the zoo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65e2qScV_K8 

I have been keeping a low profile out of necessity these past days. My brain is completely overloaded and I'm deeply traumatized at the same time, @Appleblossom

My assignment is slowly progressing, but it is laborious. I would very much like to read others' works as I think I put too much into mine. There is a lot to learn, but we quickly become familiar with our local tribe names. I will be glad when I can move onto another subject though, as I tend to become mentally burnt out and need breaks to rest my brain. I hope to get back to it today. Researching, compiling, tweaking, referencing, and checking and re-checking to further tweak is mentally exhausting. 

I watched the video. Interesting. I am always looking for these folks' ideas of why these mood and personality disorders surface. They are always just talking about treatments and medications, while avoiding discussion of causes–except in off the beaten track posts such as Quora.

My training, via my ex-psy, has been in causes. Medications only maintain status quo while numbing symptoms. I got a front row seat to his research, and it is so different to others'–and so beyond the minds of many to comprehend. He was an incredible tutor, unavoidably. I was his guinea pig and couldn't avoid my observations and experiences, and our great conversations. I just wish he had treated his own disorders before he showed his true self and vented his spleen on me.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance