Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Sarah76
Casual Contributor

Moody Me

Hello everyone,

I am 44 and moody! No official diagnosis so drs put me in the unknown basket. I'm a mum and wife which I love being. However the black doggie follows me around and strikes without warning usually. There are signs leading up but often they mean nothing so it's a roll of the dice how I go.

At the moment it's depression (anxiety is having a rest). I just want to lie down and not interact with anyone in person. GI also upset and can barely eat - on a positive note protein water is on sale so I stocked up on those - can at least tolerate it.

Pleased to be part of the forum..

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Moody Me

Hi @Sarah76 

My name is Snowie and welcome to the Sane forums. I too am a wife and mother which I love.

I too suffer from depression among other things and can understand not wanting to interact.

Have you thought about seeing a psychologist or do you see one already?

Again, welcome and I hope you find it as supportive as I have.

Please feel free to join in anywhere.

Re: Moody Me

Hi Snowie, thanks for welcoming Smiley Happy

Yes I've tried psychologists, counseling and currently see a psychiatrist and regular gp. It seems to be with me that therapy doesn't help. I try the techniques and enjoy having someone to listen but in the end I think it's my brain chemistry. Something that none has been able to help me with. I also use modern medicine, but it works briefly then stops.

I have a history of trauma (long story) that I think is a huge factor. I think it changed my emotions in a way that will take aeons to repair and no amount of medicine/therapy can change to 'normal'. I just have to hope that it can be done at some stage.

Another factor I've found with therapy is that the therapists have genuinely looked saddened to hear of my trauma then I feel bad about telling them and want to close off.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance