Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

I hear you @Snowie. It's tough to invest emotionally when there's an endpoint looming.

But I believe that sometimes, valuable insights and support can be found even in short-term connections. Do you think it might be helpful to acknowledge it for what it is bringing to you right now, even though it'll end shortly?

Also, I was wondering if you get 12 sessions every year or just once.

@Snowie I slept better last night than the night before. I did sweat a lot, that’s just part of the package when you’re sick.

Sorry to hear about how it’s not clicking with your SW. Do you have a say in who your SW is? Sometimes they do give you the option to have someone else if it’s not clicking

Hi @lavenderhaze how are you? I’m doing better today, still sick. I’ve just been resting up. Took sick leave from placement

The 12 sessions are only a one off @lavenderhaze 

They approved them after I had an inpatient stay. It's the first time that I've had them after a hospital admission. I never knew that they offered them and that I could get approved for them.

I'm scared of getting attached. He hasn't exactly been reliable or followed through on his comments, so I guess I am just weary of that.

Anyway, have taken some prn, so hoping that helps this afternoon.

Good to hear you slept better @creative_writer 

Hopefully this sickness has peaked already and that you are on the mend now.

I only get 12 sessions with the SW so not much point in asking for a certain one. Just have to take it for what it is worth.

@Snowie it is hard when sessions are limited. That’s one of the unfortunate things about services. I find services where you are allocated a support to be a hit or miss. Don’t get me wrong, some people are amazing and you gel well, but it feels like a lucky draw It’s not like private psychs and pdoc where you can choose. Sometimes you need that extra support too that your private supports can’t provide

@Snowie  Sorry your SW is no support at all 😣

Hoping today is an OK day for you... 💙

It's understandable to feel apprehensive about getting attached, especially when trust has been an issue in the past @Snowie. It's so unfortunate.

Sorry for not replying sooner; I logged off.

How's today been for you so far? ❤️

Hi @Snowie , worried about you. I know when you go silent things aren't OK. Sending wishes and care for you my friend 💙

Worried you've had a bad crash, @Snowie  😢

Sending wishes and 💙 for you...

My dear @NatureLover 

Thanks for thinking of me.

I made some choices that were wrong and had to spend some time away from here for my benefit and for others on here.

I hope things have been going ok for you hon. 

Sending lots of love 💗💗

Looking forward to catching up with you soon.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance